Rules and Regulations
How to Apply:
Saturday, August 15 @ 11:59pm PST
1) Please click the Sign Up page at the top right corner. Follow the instruction to finish the sign up process
2) Upload the video(s) onto YouTube
3) Email the URL to
Please include in your e-mail:
- Student full name
- Piece #1 Title, Composer, Movement (if any), Key
- Piece #2 (if any) Title, Composer, Movement (if any), Key
In each video, the contestant should be visible in frame, from head to feet.
5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-17, and adult 18 +
Early Bird - apply on or before June 30
$60 for participants age 12 or under
$65 for participants age 13 and up
Regular Fee - apply between July 1 to August 15
$65 for participants age 5-8
$70 for participants age 9 to 12
$75 for participants age 13 and up
All the participants will receive judge's comments
1-2 solo piano pieces in classical genre (No pop, rock, jazz, film, country, rock music...etc)
-No simplified, transcripted, or arranged versions
-No duet, ensembles, or piano concertos are allowed
Age 5-6 and age 7-8 category : 8 minutes maximum
Age 9-10 and age 11-12: 12 minutes maximum
Age 13 and up: 15 minutes maximum
- 1st Place winner(s): $100 cash award and a certificate
- 2nd Place Winner(s): $90 cash award and a certificate
- 3rd Place Winner(s): $80 cash award and a certificate
- Merit Award certificates will also be distributed
Other participants receive Certificate of Participation
All Decisions are FINAL
- The minimum number of participants is 15, or the competition will be cancelled. In case of cancellation, participants will receive refund of application fee.
- One week upon the audition. every contestant will receive an email whether or not he or she is selected as winner.
-1st Place winners in the past season are not eligible to compete in the same age category.
-The Competition Committe reserves the right to use video and photo materials for the Competition.